Tuesday, March 17

Letter to the kids

Bette's Class 2.0
Dear Class,

This is a joint letter to all of you. You all should have received an"invite" to join Bette's Class on Google Classroom. Respond to the invite so you will be added to my class list. We can communicate as a class this way. I'm going to see if I can figure out how to activate Google Hang Outs for the class next.

Most children are good at living in the moment. Sometimes adults miss this. We worry about the past and the future too much.

The news and letters are referring to this Corona Virus as "unprecedented". That means we don't have a past experience we can look to that helps us know how to  handle this situation. And we don't know how it will look in the future.  I'm mentioning this because this is very stressful for your grownups. Try to be kind to them

I want to encourage you to actually look into the future a little as you decide how to manage being home so much.  At first it will seem like an unexpected vacation. Over time it will become harder. The way to make it easier is to make sure you keep busy and vary your activities. Even your favorite activity can become tiresome if you don't do some other things as well. You know at school I try to alternate active things with quiet things. Don't forget Recess.😉 I wrote your parents about setting up a schedule. I hope you have talked this over with them. If you have a schedule, send me a copy or picture of it.

I got set up on "DreamBox", which is a program you can get to through Clever. It is a math program. It will assess your math skills and give you activities and games that are best for you. I want each of you to login and get started. I can check how you are doing on the teacher page.

Thinking about you!!!💗