Friday, March 13

Early release and school closure

I'm sorry to be contacting you so late. I was late getting home and just read through all the emails from Superintendent Swift and Karen Siegel.

On our early release day tomorrow we will connect with the kids and talk about potential scenarios. The district has created a survey that the children will take at school to assess needs that we can help with. They will send one to you as well, through School Messenger. We will have our regular Friday specials: Library and P.E. so students should bring library books to return and gym shoes. Christine is going to extend the number of books that can be checked out and I will be offering kids a chance to borrow books from the classroom library.

We will also be trying our best to collect all items that kids should take home. We will not have access to the building during the closure.

I will know more tomorrow when we have a staff meeting after the kids leave. This all seems so dramatic. My daughter is Director of Nursing at Packard Health Clinic and in charge of management of the Corona 19 crisis for the clinic. She assures me that these steps make sense and this is the best way to keep the disease at bay and protect the most people.

The school district is working on a plan so we can stay in touch with our students. I will know more tomorrow. 

We were working in class today on focus study sign up. Most of the kids present today filled theirs out after we read through the catalog. Christine optimistically wants to collect these as planned in hope that we can choose a week when we return to still have them. If your child was absent today, please email me or Christine with your choices. The catalog and the form can be found in the Wednesday packet or you can use the one I have posted in the "Pages" section.

Stay tuned for more soon and feel free to contact me with questions or concerns.

Stay well,
Bette