Friday, March 13

Connecting...

Dear Families,
Today we had Library and PE, just like a regular Friday. Christine modified her book check out limit to 5 and I encouraged them to choose books that were a good challenge. I also let kids choose books from the class library. I thought you were going to have access to the AA district library, but they closed at 6pm today.

We also spent time cleaning and packing up. I let the 11 kids who attended today take home their writer's notebook, handwriting book and tried to help each one make sure they had a "Rick" math packet to work on.

I don't know about you, but I have been inundated with emails about the corona virus and school closures. I suggest you read the AAPS updates. They have a lot of information and links to resources. I worry about you managing child care if you have to work. I hope you all have alternatives that can work.

The students who came today filled out a survey for the district. They are trying really hard to assess family needs, especially in internet connection and food for families that rely on school lunches and breakfasts. Parents of kids who didn't fill the survey out today will receive an email with a link to the survey. I believe they are also sending a survey link to parents. Please fill it out. It shouldn't be a long one.

Lots of people and businesses are stepping up to help us get through this.

I will work on a system for communication with the students. AAPS is offering teachers PD to help us figure this out. I will put some curated links on the blog to make it easily accessible. Just google "Bette's class notes" I suggest you set up a mini schedule for reading, writing and math for a period of time each day. Don't forget recess!! I look forward to maintaining my relationship with you and the children during this. Please don't hesitate to email me with questions, concerns or stories.

My grandaughter and I saw snowdrops popping up in the woods Tuesday. Spring is coming.
image.png

More soon. Take Care,