Thursday, March 19

Letter to the kids #2

Parents:
Sorry you didn't hear from me yesterday. I took a number of online courses, trying to figure out how to set up our classroom and have class "meeting". I will be working on getting this functional today. (I kinda got computer fatigue from being on line for the courses).

I set up "Bette's Class" in google classroom and entered all of the student emails. The program said it sent "invites". A few people said they didn't get theirs, but 8 signed up (joined) so I thought that meant they received the invite. It seems they didn't, they figured out another way to join. Below is a letter to the kids. I am sending it through you instead of entering all of those emails to make a new email group, because once we set up our classroom I will be able to communicate with all of them through Google Classroom. 

I'd appreciate it if you could share with them or forward to them. Remember, they have to use their school email address. I think all of the kids know theirs because this is how they login to the Chromebooks, but let me know and I can send you their school email.

Dear kids in "Bette's Class",

This is an email for all of the students in my class. It will also be posted at “Bette’s Class Notes”. You can find the link to that below at the end of my letter.
I’m working on setting up a google classroom. It said I sent you all “invites” but it seems they were not received. Eight kids have signed up, but it seems they figured it out another way. I went to:
found the help center (which is a question mark in a circle on the bottom left hand corner) and typed in the word “code” to get the following instructions. I hope all of you can join our classroom today so we can get started on having a “virtual” class.

Join a class with a class code

1.    Go to classroom.google.com.
2.    At the top, click  the big plus sign on the upper right hand corner and select Join class. 
3.    Enter the class code and click Join.

Our class code is tvdmwuh

Please try to join today!! 

Bette

Bette Diem, Teacher
Ann Arbor Open School
920 Miller Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI  48103
(734) 994-1910


Class notes blog http://bette-notestofamilies.blogspot.com/