Monday, May 6

Latest News and Upcoming Events

Camp is in 2 weeks!! There will be information coming this week to help you prepare. This morning I went over the activity choices with kids, so the excitement will begin. Feel free to send me your questions. Children who have not been to overnight camp may have some uncertainty. We will spend some time in discussion to share stories and answer their questions. In the end, camp is a rewarding and enriching experience!! It will be a good way to pull together our studies of the water sheds of Michigan through the Salmon in the Classroom project.

Your upcoming camp info packet will have a volunteer form to let me know if you can help out with the chaperoning. I will need 3-4 adults who can stay overnight, but we could have different people covering us each night. Please let me know if you plan to stay full time. This camp will not require the incredible work load from you, but there is also less immersion for families. I am preparing a packing list and sample schedule so you can see what we will be doing.

I am still concerned about the funding. It's difficult because I don't have direct access to the account, but I am in communication with Stacey. With buses for the salmon release and the Rural Education Days in Saline, we are down to $1940. I know that $100 has been turned in by the Earn-a-thon, so that leaves a balance needed of $680. I am emailing the camp to see what the cost would be to do camp with only 1 overnight.
Next week our class will take the M-STEP state assessment. Wednesday will be Math, 9-11 and Thursday will be English Language Arts, 10-12. Those are the scheduled times, but they are not timed tests.  There will be an opportunity for children who need more time to finish the test at their own pace. It will be important for children to be well rested and on time to school! Let me know if you would like to help coordinate supportive snacks for these days

On May 20, Maybree, Gus and Henry will be attending the SEMIS Community Forum with me to do a presentation on our Salmon project. If you attended the field trip to Wolf Lake to get the salmon eggs with us and you have any pictures, please share them with me.

For your convenience, upcoming events for Bette's Class

Tues., May 7 Walk to School Day
Wed., May 15 M-STEP Math 9-11
Thurs., May 16, M-STEP ELA 10-12
            Eton Academy presentation on our school for parents 8:30 am or 5:00pm
May 21 AAOCC
May 22-24 Camp Talahi (22 is early release, but we'll miss it)
May 27 Memorial Day, no school
         28, 29 NWEA assessment

JUNE
           6 Ice Cream Social
          11 Rolling Hills (if we have the funds)
          12 Field Day/Kids movie Festival
          14 Last Day, half day.