Friday, September 8

Important Information!!

 
Bette’s Class Notes                                                              September 8, 2017
Dear Families, Important Information!!

There is a small change in our weekly Specials’ Schedule:
We will have Vocal Music on Fridays, 8:30 instead of 9:10. I will send a revised schedule home.  Swimming is on Tuesdays!

!!Curriculum Night Change for Bette’s Class:

Family matters call. My daughter is getting married next Saturday, September 16. The wedding will be in Northern Michigan and I will be leaving Wednesday after school and traveling home Monday, September 18.

I’m happy to announce that in my absence we will have Rick Hal,l who just retired last spring, for our guest teacher!

Rick made special arrangements to cover the class for me during my absence. I am happy to have someone who I know will enjoy the kids and “know the ropes.”

Rick has an idea for the state mandated “Constitution Day” lesson and requests that we collect stuff for game pieces - dice, old game markers, chips, old game boards, spinners etc. If you have any extras lying around, send them in.

In addition, I have received permission to change my Curriculum Night to the following Thursday, September 21, 6-7. This may actually be helpful to parents who have two or more elementary students, as you will not have to decide how to be two places at once. On the regular curriculum night our new principal, Karen Siegel, will be introducing herself and all of the special’s staff in the auditorium 7:00-7:30, so you may still want to attend that meeting. We have a lot of new people starting this year!

I will be updating my curriculum notes over the weekend and making them available to you ahead of time through email and posting on the blog. When we meet on Sept. 22 we will go over it together.

I have enjoyed my first week with the class in the new room. We have started our routines in writing workshop, math, read aloud and going to specials and lunch. We have begun the process getting to know one another and establishing ourselves as a class community. I’m looking forward to a joyous and productive school year!

Bette